Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Me Monday - wk9


Welcome to my 9th week of Not me! Monday.

This week I did not change around my blog in an attempt to make it look a bit cleaner. Not at all because every time I posted my blog link to facebook it wouldn't pull the photo's I wanted it to. I did not read a TON of code and tutorials and did not rewrite most of my blog code myself. I know I could pay for a new design...I am not frugal. I also do not like writing code at all. Actually, I have a degree in Engineering Science and in college (way back when) I learned how to write code. At the time when I learned how to write code the wild world of the Internet wasn't like it is today, though.


Anywho...


There are now 4 columns, one post column on the left and 3 on the right side (one wide at the top & 2 below that).


I also did not add a navigation bar. I had installed one a few weeks ago with photo buttons I made, but I prefer just text now. It is not driving me insane because that text is underlined and I have no idea on how to make it not underlined. Oh well.

I did not add the blog contest widgets to the bottom of my blog. I have to thank Sara from Subjective Beauty for posting an answer and a tutorial to my question about scroll bars. She ROCKS!! The scroll bar saves soooo much space on my blog. She also has another tutorial on how to add a moving marque scroll bar. Check out her ask sara posts for all the tutorials.

On Saturday I did not host a shower for my friend at her house. I am her only bridesmaid in her July 25th wedding (you can click here to see my bridesmaid dress). I did not make an army of wedding cakes as my present (62 total, but who's counting? Not ME!).I also did not make an army of daisies as favors and description holders for the food.I did not spend 3 hours making the food on Friday. I did not make Chicken Wing Dip, Taco Dip, Chile & Cheese Spirals, GoGo Asiago Dip and Beer Bread. I was not pissed because someone volunteered to bring the tortilla chips & punch bowl showed up 30 minutes late....and didn't even say she was sorry! Oh yeah...the punch bowl was dirty, too. While there I did not get to see the sassy girl (bride to be's daughter) I watched during summers for the past 3 years. This summer she isn't coming to my home because they moved. I do not miss her one bit. *sniff*
After opening presents I did not make this beautiful hat for my friend. I would not make her stand there so I could take photos of her wearing it. She loves me!! =D
This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

11 Sweet Comments:

Anya said...

SUPER GREAT post :)
I almost mist it ...... LOL
Fantastic shots ^__^

Pretty Things said...

I just love your "Not Me" posts!

I'm NOT trying to make my blog prettier. I AM however, failing (for reals).

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Oooh, I like the updates! I'm still trying to figure stuff out all the time, so I'll have to go to ask sarah to see if some of my questions are already answered.

I may have to break down and join 'not me Monday' one of these weeks. For now I love reading everyone else's!!!

Hugs,

~Shaye

Meg said...

What a fantastic bridesmaid you are. I have a wedding that I am the MOH in next May, I hope I can be as good as you are.

I also hoped over to the post with the dress, that dress is adorable. I like the color also.

amylouwhosews said...

sounds like you didn't have a busy/fun/productive weekend.

Can't wait to see pics of you in that bridesmaid dress - it's beautiful!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Your blog looks awesome. Those shower favors are great too. Happy Not Me Monday.

LucieP said...

maybe if I keep visiting your blog some of your creativity will rub off?!

April said...

WOW!!!!! You did an AWESOME job!!!!! I really love the simplicity!

Julie Ball said...

Ha ha - I love reading "Not Mes!" You ARE so very talented and clearly a very good friend (and bridesmaid)! Love the new blog design!

Unknown said...

Hi,

Just discovered your great blog, Wow! I just love the mini cakes and the daisies.

Torie
x

Dee said...

WOW! I think you did a great job!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin