Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wordful Wednesday - Memorial Day Parade

We went to watch the parade on Memorial Day to watch Ian march with cadet band.   We have never gone to watch a parade in town.  (bowing head in shame...we have lived in this town for 10yrs now)
We figured out where we wanted to watch the parade and waited....and waited....and waited. We got there a bit early.  O_o
Lily was a bit grumpy because she really didn't like the mini green bugs that seemed to be everywhere and it was HOT.  (She is petrified of everything lately.)
She really wasn't cooperating with me at all...the i-pod touch was the saving grace.  Did I mention it was H.O.T!?
Then finally all the waiting was worth it.  We could finally see IAN coming!!
There he is...
And then he was gone....
Ian spent most of the parade looking for us in the crowd....we were close to the end of the parade route...oops.  He did spot us though....who couldn't with us hooting and hollering.  :D 

He told me he had a great time and definitely wants to do it again next year.  

What did you do on Memorial Day?

For more WW check out 5 Minutes for Mom, Seven Clown Circus  Parenting by Dummies, Project Alicia, The InfoMouse & Fresh Mommy
My Signature

3 Sweet Comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

That's dedication hanging out in the heat with the green bugs... ;) Love how you did Lily's hair - and love all the shots! :)


Funny Face

Kimberly said...

Aren't iPod touches saviours?? My son is hooked on Angry Birds. I think he's better than me and he's 3 years old!
I don't blame your daughter about the bugs!!
I bet you were so proud to see your boy in the parade!!

Kristin Aquariann said...

I've lived in my town for almost 8 years and haven't been to a parade, either! I'm glad the waiting for yours was worth it. :D

-:¦:- Featured Photo: Baby Marmoset -:¦:-

Blog Widget by LinkWithin